Great News, Sad News, & Your Views!
Great News, Sad News, & Your Views!
Preview of Most Exciting Topics Agenda & Lineup of Presenters ever, for 21st annual Networking Roundtable, in San Diego, CA., @ 12 – 14 September 2012; and more…
This is the sole annual manufactured housing industry event planned for owners and operators of landlease (f.k.a. manufactured home) communities throughout the U.S. and Canada!
Networking Roundtable’s four goals this year are: 1) to showcase 24 superb education sessions – available nowhere else; 2) to host nearly a dozen superb interpersonal peer networking social events during 2 ½ days; 3) to provide an environment conducive to realty deal – making; &, 4) to give attendees opportunities to tour & examine the Modular Lifestyles ® home!
I can’t begin to tell you how exciting it’s been, preparing this year’s 21st annual Networking Roundtable agenda and lineup of featured presenters! How can you not want to be present 12 – 14 September, at the Hilton Resort & Spa on Mission Bay in San Diego?
• Begins with Landlease Community Buyers Symposium by Marcus & Millichap
• First morning, EVERYONE stands & introduces themselves to 200+ attendees
• ‘Landlease Communities: Reframing the American Dream!’ by keynote speaker
• Rejuvenated & Re – staffed: MHI & NCC to the Rescue! Mssrs. Jennison/Savage
• New & Old Chattel Capital Sources; introducing 21st Mortgages’ CASH Program!
• ‘Good & Bad Landlease Community Deals’, a presentation, then open sharing…
• Special Guest: Richard Lederer, author/humorist. Google ‘gettheetoapunnmery’
• Reconditioning Manufactured Homes in 2012! More than one way to skin a cat…
• Good Resident Relations = More Resident Referrals = Max Resident Retention!
• ‘Shining Stars’: Buying & Rehabbing Abused Landlease Communities!!!
• Leading the Way – What’s New & Exciting at Rent Manager!?
• Resident Screening & Dodd – Frank, USA Patriot Act & Red Flag
• Collecting 100% of Collectible Rent! Are YOU? If not, come & learn how!
• Special session on right way to engage in Lease – option methodology on – site
• The best poker night of your life….if you’re into poker. Dr. Lederer presides…
• Informal, early morning prayer meeting for our country and leaders! Started 9/11
• Landlease Community Realty Mortgage Originators Panel & Open Discussion
• ‘What does it cost to build a new HUD Code Community Series Home?’
• $$$ Valuing Landlease Communities with Park – owned Homes On – site!
• Ready for your first Consumer Financial Protection Bureau exam? Here’s how…
• Does Your Present Insurance Policy Cover Your Current Exposure(s)???
• Calculating Affordable & Risky Price Points for New & Resale Homes On – site
• Meet the LLCommunity Triad of the Future: Advocacy, Research, & Resources
• When & Where is Secondary Market for Manufactured Home Marketing/Sales?
• When & Where to Hold 22nd Networking Roundtable during September 2013?
Did you count em? Yep, there’s 25 educational & informative sessions planned for YOU!
Since this is a ‘by invitation’ event, primarily for landlease community owners/operators, and their product/service vendors, obtain information from the community-investor.com website, by the end of May 2012; or, phone the MHIndustry HOTLINE: (877) MFD-HSNG or 633-4764 and have a 21st Networking Roundtable brochure sent to YOU!
Our industry & asset class lost a longtime ‘player’ & friend on 7 May 2012.
George Goldman, former owner of landlease (f.k.a. manufactured home) communities in IN, IL & TX, was my first paying ‘consulting’ client in 1980; his wife Judy was with Carolyn and me when I was designated a Certified Property Manger® in 1982; George & Judy attended the first International Networking Roundtable, in Clearwater, FL. in 1991, and we’ve remained friends ever since.
George was an entrepreneur, real estate investor, and philanthropist – founding both the Goldman Philanthropic Partnerships’ and ‘Partnership for Cures’. In lieu of flowers, the family requested donations be made to the Goldman Philanthropic Partnerships, c/o Dr. Soriano, 972 Featherstone Rd., Ste # 360, Rockford, IL. 61107.
In the words of another Midwest LLCommunity owner/operator, “Was saddened to learn of George’s passing. He was a wonderful man, mentor, and good friend. I know you knew him well, and that we will all miss his kind manner and keen business acumen.” RR
“George. Very good warning of the onerous regulations that are about to sweep our industry as Dodd – Frank is implemented. When I recently met with our state’s congressional and senate representatives, I tried to make these points:
• Manufactured housing is not only the most efficient, affordable housing in the world, we function without government subsidies. Even the cost for HUD to regulate the industry is funded to a surplus with HUD label fees!
• Dodd-Frank will eliminate chattel financing for probably half of the current market. Not because of lack of willing, qualified buyers, or willing lenders, but simply regulated out of existence!
• Not only are the lowest income housing aspirants affected, as congress tells them they can no longer purchase a home. BUT a large share of the almost 9,000,000 people currently living in manufactured housing will not have access to capital to finance the sale of their home, even when willing, qualified purchasers stand ready to buy.” (lightly edited. GFA)
Well put; but is anyone in Washington, DC., listening? I double doubt it. Legislators, in general, are not yet reading, let alone paying attention, to the proverbial ‘writing on the wall of public opinion and action’. They need to be shown, not told. How?
If ever there was a year during which political incumbents in general, deserve to be voted out of office en masse, 2012 is the year! It happened this past week, during the primary election in Indiana, when three decade incumbent, Senator Richard Lugar, lost decisively to a no – name opponent. Responsible citizens as a whole, are fed up with thinly veiled maneuvers to alter the very nature of this great country – from one populated by independent thinkers and hard – working wealth builders, into a nanny state characterized by the redistribution of said wealth to non – workers and entitlement devotees, who in turn appear to be embracing the siren call to neo – socialism. The time to STOP such mal ‘hope & change’ is now, replacing it with ‘shock & awe’, as we return en masse, to The American Way of Life! My guess is your local, let alone national, minions of the secular print and broadcast press, have not communicated this matter to you in such clear terms. I know mine haven’t.
How does the previous paragraph relate to HUD Code manufactured housing, what’s happening and ‘about to happen’, throughout the landlease community real estate asset class, certainly where new and resale manufactured homes are marketed, sold, and often self – financed on – site? Simple. At the end of last week’s blog posting, I equated anticipated abject results of financial regulatory provisions of the S.A.F.E. Act, Dodd – Frank bill, and other related measures, as being akin to ‘throwing the baby out with the bathwater’. By this, I opined, and here repeat: Government financial regulators are poised to soon ‘throw those who Need – and not just Want, the affordable housing and companion lifestyle our industry and asset class best provide – with NO assistance from government – insured entities and most social agencies, straight into abject homelessness!’ There are NO other eminently affordable housing options remaining for this class of unfortunate citizenry in this country today! And frankly, it can’t be described any clearer, or more to the point, than that!
George Allen, CPM®Emeritus, MHM®Master
Consultant to the Factory – built Housing Industry &
The Landlease Community Real Estate Asset Class
Box # 47024, Indianapolis, IN. 46247