NEW ERA & Dual Paradigm Shift Center State @ Roundtable!
COBA7® presents Blog # 361 via community-investor.com Copyright 16 August 2015
Perspective. ‘Land-lease-lifestyle Communities, a.k.a. manufactured home communities and ‘mobile home parks’, comprise the real estate component of manufactured housing.’
This blog posting is the national advocacy voice, official ombudsman (press), research reporter, & online communication media for all LLLCommunities in North America!
To input this blog & or affiliate with Community Owners (7 Part) Business Alliance®, a.k.a. COBA7®, use Official MHIndustry HOTLINE: (:877) MFD-HSNG or 633-4764.
COBA7® Motto = ‘U Support US & WE Serve U!’, & Goal of its’ print & online media = to ‘Not only inform & opine, but to transform & improve our MHBusiness model!’
INTRODUCTION. Only two parts to this week’s blog posting, but they’re important enough to warrant this two part introduction.
Part I, and with no exaggeration, contains the most important business writing I’ve prepared for you in 35 years! I believe the manufactured housing industry, along with its’ sister segment, the land-lease-lifestyle community realty asset class, is on the very cusp (‘point’) of turnaround to increased new home shipments and prosperity – IF all HUD-Code home manufacturers realize these unique, income-producing properties need an estimated 250,000 new homes ‘designed & featured’ for this specialty application nationwide – and court them with the respect, product, service, & pricing they deserve!
Part II. Now here’s a foursome you’ll likely not see again anytime soon in the future:
• ‘DECADE (2015-20125) of ____________________’ to be annouonced soon!
• Treatise: ‘Affordable (Manufactured) Housing – From Factory to Family, a Bold Look into the Future of Housing & Community!’ This is a MUST READ for all!
• RV/MH Hall of Fame! Not yet a $ $upporter? You really should be, because…
• Prayer. Read how the ‘911’ tragedy influences every Networking Roundtable….
The NEW ERA & ‘Dual Paradigm Shift’ will be in Full Bloom at 24th annual International Networking Roundtable
Five HUD-Code Home Manufacturers Setting Agenda for Selling and Shipping New HUD-Code ‘Community Series Homes’ into Land-lease-lifestyle Communities Nationwide
• Keith Anderson, Champion Home Builders
• Joe Stegmayer, Bill Danforth, Cavco Industries
• Bob Bender, Commodore Homes
• Terry Decio, Skyline Corporation
• Walter Comer, Adventure Homes
REMINDER: The NEW ERA (for LLLCommunity owners/operators, began January 2014), and the ‘Dual Paradigm Shift’ (for HUD-Code home manufacturers), has been unfolding since year 2000), both summarized in last week’s blog posting using these carefully selected words:
“Dual paradigm shift AWAY FROM independent (street) MHRetailers TOWARDS in-LLLCommunity home sales; & AWAY FROM too easy access to chattel capital via independent third party lenders, TOWARDS reliance on cash transactions, seller-finance, ‘captive finance’, lease-options, & rental units, within LLLCommunities nationwide!” (Read again, for full impact of dual changes)
So, how will this play out at the Networking Roundtable in San Diego, CA., next month, 9-11 September 2015? Simple.
The theme of this year’s event is ‘Selling More Community Series Homes into LLLCommunities Nationwide!’ And as soon as all 200-250 attendees are introduced to one another Thursday morning, 10 September, the above-named executives will address these pithy topics:
• WHY audience should consider buying their firm’s Community Series Home models, displaying one or more WOW! factors and a plethora of durability-enhancing features – to control maintenance expenses and speed make-ready between contract sale homebuyers and or renters?
• WHAT customized marketing and sales training materials and assistance is available to sell more new homes on-site to prospective homebuyers/site lessees?
• WHETHER the Frost Free Foundation® is an acceptable installation alternative with their firm’s new HUD-Code homes going into LLLCommunities.
Then, during the second hour, the floor will be opened to questions from the audience and free-wheeling discussion about information presented during the first hour.
Why is ‘What’s about to happen at the Networking Roundtable in San Diego, so very important and timely!’ to and for the manufactured housing industry?
BECAUSE such dialogue and interaction have NOT been done on a national level before! Since the initial partnership, between HUD-Code home manufacturers and (then) MHCommunity owners/operators, was forged on 28 February 2009, in Elkhart, IN – leading to the debut of Community Series Homes later that year., this is the first national venue where ‘both sides’ are coming together, to ensure the percentage of new homes shippped into LLLCommunities continues to increase (e.g. 2009 = 25%; 2013 = 30%).
BECAUSE national advocacy bodies, to date, have NOT taken the initiative to unite, rather than divide, the industry in general, HUD-Code home manufacturers in particular! We, as an industry, have long needed this sort of practical, forward-looking dialogue; and it appears, we’re finally going to get it! Just how pervasive is this effort? Besides the expected 200-250 attendees, these five home manufacturers (still others may still register to attend), and executives from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHFA, MHI, and hopefully, the MHARR, will all be represented, as well as MHI’s elected chairman!
No question about it. If YOU are active in the manufactured housing industry and its’ land-lease-lifestyle community realty asset class, the 24th International Networking Roundtable is ‘the only place to be’, 9-11 September 2015. Businessmen and women from Canada (Who own/operate LLLCommunities throughout the U.S.) will also be participating in this year’s stellar event. To register, simply phone the Official MHIndustry HOTLINE: (877) MFD-HSNG or 633-4764 or go to community-investor.com
Bottom line? Be part of ‘Making Manufactured Housing Industry History!’
This Time Last Month = Three Stories+
1. Help name the new DECADE (2015-2025). YOU did so, and it appears we have an apt moniker to soon put into play. ‘DECADE of ______________________’ will be announced during the 24th annual International Networking Roundtable!
2. Treatise titled: ‘Affordable (Manufactured) Housing – From Factory to Family, a Bold Look into the Future of Housing & Community!’ This instructive document is successor to the popular WHITE PAPER distributed ‘before, during & after’ last year’s Networking Roundtable. The treatise is presently being printed, bound, and readied for distribution, reading, and discussion at the upcoming venue, 9-11 September in San Diego, CA. Trust me, you’ll want to read it about the anticipated Bold New World of Manufactured Housing!
3. RV/MH Hall of Fame Day (8/3/2015) was all it promised to be; from the golf tournament to the Writers Conference, to meetings, to receptions, to the RV/MH Hall of Fame Induction Banquet that evening! Now, consider joining Carolyn and me as perennial financial supporters of the RV/MH Hall of Fame. After all, this is the sole repository of your MH heritage/legacy and mine! To donate, and or secure a lifetime membership, as we have, simply phone (800) 378-8694.
4. Here’s a tale you’ve likely not heard or read before. In 1999, the Networking Roundtable was extended by two days when we were snowed-in, in Colorado Springs, CO., due to ‘heaviest pre-season snowstorm on record’, dropping five feet of snow in 12 hours! In 2000, the Networking Roundtable was held in Delray Beach, FL., ‘during’ Hurricane Georges (Yep, you read that right). And as Carolyn and I prepared to drive to Chicago for the 2001 Networking Roundtable, airplanes flew into the twin towers in New York city and the Pentagon in Washington, DC., those tragedies delaying the event until November. Well, during the Networking Roundtable 2002, we introduced an early Friday morning ‘Prayer for Our Nation & Its’ Leaders’ event into the agenda, and have included it ever since. A dozen or more individuals gather at 7AM, for a devotional led by one or another attendee, followed by sharing personal prayer requests, then a time of intercessory prayer – for our nation and its’ leaders, and more. And most years a special book is distributed to those present. This year? Something special is planned for our time together….