Stimulus Spur Response? NO! But look what’s coming….
Stimulus Spur Response to date? NO, but look what’s coming…
At this writing (8 January 2012), it’s been 2 ½ weeks since identical Letters of Inquiry were mailed to the elected respective chairmen of the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (‘MHARR’) & Manufactured Housing Institute (‘MHI’), our two national MHAdvocacy bodies, domiciled in or near the nation’s capitol. So far, NO response of any kind from either executive! But that’s OK for now. Why? Look what’s scheduled to occur during the Louisville MHShow in Kentucky, 11 – 13 January 2012, that has little to do with the actions (Inactions?) of both bodies:
• Visit and buy a Community Series Home, a.k.a. CSH model, showcased by Fleetwood Homes! The firm is hosting a Special Guest appearance & book – signing @ 2 to 4PM, 11 January 2011 at their Louisville MHShow exhibit. Also meet your Business Development Manager (‘BDM’) Steve Quick! (615) 202-0245. Additional CSH homes on display at the Louisville MHShow? If not, ask exhibiting HUD Code manufacturer, ‘Why not showcase more CSH homes?’!
• Nearly sold – out Manufactured Housing Manager®, a.k.a. MHM®, property management training & certification class, all day 12 January at the Comfort Inn on Phillips Lane. Only $250.00 per person. Today, nearly 1,000 MHMs® own and manage landlease communities throughout the U.S. & Canada! To sign – up, phone (317) 346-7156. Landlease Community Management is classroom text.
• Joe Stegmayer, MHI’s elected chairman, to address show attendees at 11AM on Thursday, 12 January 2012. I can’t be present, as I’ll be teaching the MHM class; but would ask him publicly, 1) ‘Why no response to my letter of inquiry?’ AND, 2) ‘What plans, if any, will MHI present, at their 2/27/2012 annual legislative meeting in Washington, DC, regarding ‘How to Save Our Industry?!’ As is often said, ‘Inquiring minds really want to know!’ Do YOU? If so, then ASK!
• A special meeting by ONE of the ‘Big Four + 1’ independent third party chattel lending sources, to plan am aggressive national marketing strategy for three existing, and an exciting new, capital lending programs – designed specifically for landlease community owners/operators! This new program likely one of the ‘proverbial lights at the end of our 12 year long shipment nadir tunnel’. It’s no accident, features of the program mirror a generic $$$ model to be discussed at…
• Yet another meeting, to refine and plan the debut of the new Four Participant $$$ Business Model, for manufactured housing chattel financing, involving: 1) HUD Code home manufacturers, 2) one or more independent third party chattel lenders, 3) single property and small portfolio owners of landlease communities, and – for the first time in manufactured housing history – 4) would be home (buyers) owners/site lessees, worthy of ‘affordable home value propositions’ (i.e. Right & fair mix of home price, loan terms and site rent rate!) from the first three participants in the new $$$ business model! This could be the ‘game changer’ we’ve been awaiting, to regain market share, measured by new home sales cum shipments. Interested in participating? More than two dozen blog floggers (readers) are already on board! For information, read January issue of the Allen Letter professional journal, where this new business model is profiled. This issue also contains the widely – referenced (23rd annual) ALLEN REPORT, a.k.a. ‘’Who’s Who Among Landlease community Owners/operators Throughout North America!’. Phone the MHIndustry HOTLINE: (877) MFD-HSNG or 633-4764 to subscribe @ only $134.95/year (12 monthly issues). Credit card orders welcome. Did YOU know? The Allen Letter professional journal is the sole remaining print trade publication covering what’s ‘really happening’ throughout the manufactured housing industry & landlease community real estate asset class!
• Meet Dennis Duling, of Legiance Investments, at their exhibitor’s booth in ‘Luavul’. This is the ‘new firm on the MHScene’, that upon surrender of title to an abandoned home on – site in a landlease community, will rehab it to your satisfaction – at their expense (using monies obtained from their investors), then lease – option it to a qualified occupant, per your pre – approval. From that point forward, they retain the lease – option payments each month and pay you site rent; or, if you prefer, you collect the monies and send them their residual. All negotiable. Interested in learning more? (626) 653-2728. This is not an endorsement of Legiance’s business model; just letting YOU know of it! GFA
• A White Paper (Recall independent ‘street’ MHRetailers & in – landlease community sales center operators National Summit) planning session Friday morning, to take this new partnership to the next level of implementation. If YOU want to input, and maybe participate, contact Chad Carr @ (800) 336-0339 ASAP
• Private meeting of MHInitiative® supporters, relative to possible 2/27/2012 working session in Florida, to plan ‘How to Save Our Industry!?’; OR, an alternative plan of action for the time being. To input, phone aforementioned MHIndustry HOTLINE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Frankly, if MHInitiative® – or some other significant MHARR/MHI ‘leadership initiative’ doesn’t occur this year; in my opinion, there’s little chance the MHIndustry will survive, as we know it today, the previous ‘$$$ planning meeting’ announcements contained herein, notwithstanding.
• And finally, at this writing, there’re rumors of a veteran MHIndustry executive (Not me!) meeting privately, with like – minded individuals, to formulate plans for the creation of a viable secondary market for HUD Code manufactured homes. Interested in being part of this? Let me know via aforementioned MHIndustry HOTLINE. I’ll pass your contact information onto that individual. This is a gutsy and much needed move, that should have been effected ‘years ago’; and now, is an integral part of What Must Be Done for the MHIndustry to survive, let alone regain its’ rightful ‘affordable housing’ market share in the U.S.
WOW! How can you afford not to be present at this year’s Louisville MHShow? There’ll be more than 27 new HUD Code, modular, and ‘park model RV’ homes on display, along with more than 78 product and service exhibitors! Registered yet? No ‘prob’. You can do that, for FREE, right at the Kentucky Fair Grounds Exhibit Hall, during the show (Begins @ 9AM, 11 January); or phone (717) 587-3350, and tell Dennis Hill, ‘George Allen told me to call!’
And while you’re in ‘Luavul’ for the MHShow, look me up (except on January 12th, when I’ll be teaching the MHM® certification class) and say ‘Hi!’ And for those who pick up a ‘print copy’ of this blog posting, at the Lousiville MHShow, who’d like to have your name added to our BEBA (Blast Email Blog Alert) list, emailed each Sunday bearing future postings of this nature, let me know by phone or otherwise! Or go to the web site: community-investor.com, and left click on the BLOG prompt shown there.
This weekly blog posting, as you know, has become Much More than an information source and rallying point, for 500 + MHIndustry senior executives and LLCommunity owners/operators. It’s become the weekly business barometer of all things MH & LLCommunity! So, continue to send your input re matters presented here, along with ‘new news’ you believe I need to know and report. In the meantime, here’s wishing you and yours, a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2012! And don’t forget, the 23rd annual ALLEN REPORT is now available FREE to Allen Letter professional journal subscribers! GFA
George Allen, CPM®Emeritus, MHM®Master
Consultant to the Factory – built Housing Industry &
The Landlease Community Real Estate Asset Class
Box # 47024, Indianapolis, IN. 46247