‘Top Ten’ in ALLEN RPT; 1/29/19 = MHAlive!; & LOVE MORE; & Happy Holidays!
Blog # 513; Copyright @ 16 December 2018; community-investor.com
Perspective. ‘Land lease communities, previously manufactured home communities, and ‘mobile home parks’ comprise the real estate component of manufactured housing.’
This blog posting is the sole national advocate, voice, official ombudsman, historian, research reporter and online communication media for all North American land lease communities.
To input this blog &/or affiliate with Community Owners (7 Part) Business Alliance, a.k.a.
COBA7, use Official MHIndustry HOTLINE: (877) MFD-HSNG or 633-4764; or firstname.lastname@example.org
COBA & Motto: ‘U Support US & WE Serve U!’ Goal of print & online media? To inform, opine, & help transform & improve manufactured housing & land lease community performance!
INTRODUCTION. Ah, here we are, at the end of year 2018. This may or may not be my last blog posting of the year. In any event, read what follows, ensure your receipt of the 30th anniversary ALLEN REPORT; caucus with our peers on 29 January in Louisville, KY; and, LOVE MORE!
ALLEN REPORT’s ‘Top Ten’ Portfolio Firms
The following paragraph is quoted from a DRAFT copy of the 30th anniversary ALLEN REPORT, scheduled for distribution during January 2019. If you’re a COBA7 affiliate, have you optioned to receive this valuable, seminal Signature Series Resource Document (‘SSRD’)? If so, count on reading much more of this sort of land lease community-related information!
“Of the ‘Top Ten’ or largest reporting land lease community portfolio owners/operators, seven are privately-owned, three are real estate investment trusts (‘REITs’: ELS, Inc., Sun Communities, Inc., & UMH Properties), and one (Newport Pacific Family of Companies) is heavy into professional fee management of the property type! Collectively, the ‘Top Ten’ own and or fee manage 533,117 rental homesites in 1,772 land lease communities, for an average of 300 sites per community, and 177 such properties per portfolio. Furthermore, they own/operate 58 percent of all rental homesites reported in this year’s ALLEN REPORT, and 41 percent of all communities here listed.”
This barely scratches the surface of what readers will find in this year’s ALLEN REPORT. For example, and for the first time in 30 years, the report identifies emerging trends during the past few years, e.g. answering this pithy question: More rental homes or contract sales in communities today? The answer might surprise you.
So, don’t delay. Affiliate with COBA7 before month end, by phoning the Official MHIndustry HOTLINE: (877) MFD-HSNG or 633-4764. Undecided? Request a COBA7 brochure to learn of all products & services the alliance of land lease community businessmen & women brings your way!
29 January 2019
The MHM class is already sold out! But we could add a few more individuals to the mix. Interested? Phone (317) 346-7156 or inquire by email: email@example.com. Only $296/MHM candidate, No tests, one day long class, beginning at 9AM at the Hilton Garden Inn in Louisville.
Someone asked me recently if the afternoon program, also on 29 January, at the same hotel, will be anything like the popular MHAlive! ‘think tank’ type gathering held every August at the RV/MH Hall of Fame. Yes it is. Right now we have four 50 minute blocks of time to work with, from 1-5PM. No set agenda yet, but here’re suggested topics:
• Preserving One’s Personal or Corporate Legacy via Memoir Writing. By the way, if you don’t have a copy of the booklet, ‘Who Will Preserve Your Legacy….?’. it’s FREE for the asking via (317) 346-7156 or firstname.lastname@example.org And It’s a very engaging ‘read’!
• Evergreen Manufactured Housing Issues…introduced in blog # 511, and likely to appear elsewhere in the near future, e.g. written into the 30th anniversary ALLEN REPORT.
• Given the eclectic nature of this year’s ALLEN REPORT, this might be the perfect firsthand opportunity to ask questions and parse its’ content with the author….
• As a land lease community owner/operator are you satisfied with the nature of national advocacy and quality of lobbying done in your behalf at the federal level these days?
• MHTrade media, for the most part, is improving in coverage and quality, but there continues to be, in my opinion, an ongoing campaign to disparage industry leaders.
• Interested in learning more about lease-option methodology for new HUD-Code homes being marketed on-site in your land lease communities? Ask the ‘duty expert’ for details!
• Everyone knows there’s a national affordable housing crisis. But are you aware of how manufactured housing and the land lease community lifestyle are being considered as practical answers to this shortfall in housing our citizenry?
These seven topics have been recommended for the afternoon long program. We can only accommodate four. Which ones do you favor? Let me know ASAP via email@example.com
First saw the multicolored LOVE MORE sign in my neighbor’s yard. So, went on line and googled LOVE MORE. Found the website where these signs are sold.
What’s LOVE MORE? Well, it’s “…a community driven message using positive empowerment through inclusion, peace, and kindness.”
Know what? This is a Great Idea for cultivating good resident relations in our land lease communities! Check it out. Might be something well worth doing on-site at all your properties, even at home!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to You & Yours!
George Allen, CPM, MHM
COBA7, division of GFA Management, Inc., dba PMN Publishing
Box # 47024
Indianapolis, IN. 46247